Jump to navigation Jump to search
J in J
Or, "Another Implementation of J", as contrasted with "An Implementation of J".
Public J Source Code
- Early J Source
- Open J, Oleg Kobchenko and Andrew Nikitin's J reimplementation project.
- Redick, TerrenceBrannon's J reimplementation project. I think he's changed foundation languages a couple times (first Lisp, then Chicken Scheme, now Java?). The source was originally at redick.metaperl.com but now appears to be hosted at GoogleCode.
- RATAPL.ARC was, I believe, an early (pre-J) implementation of "Rational APL" (aka Dictionary APL).
Commentary on Implementing J
- A thread on reimplementing J. See Roger's comments in particular
- Roger's comments from an earlier thread on the Forum
- Roger notes the the test script suite specifies the language even more precisely then the DoJ. So, here are some test scripts he's posted:
- Some test script utilities
- Test script for factorial
Resources for Reimplementing J
- The Dictionary of J, of course.
- Monad ;: (lexing, word formation)
- Using J to parse
- Tracing J execution
- PrimitivePrimitives (the Vocabulary)
- Parser for J's rich numeric constant notation
- Other models of primitives
- J model of rank a key component of any J implementation
- J model of transpose
- J model of key
- J model of A.
- J model of CRC
- Named nound internals
- Martin Gaertner's Juggle contains some interface information