Reporting Bugs in Jsoftware Products
For reporting bugs or any other issues:
- if related to a beta release, use the beta forum
- if related to the Jd database, use the jd forum
- if related to the J source, use the source forum
- otherwise, use the general forum
Note that the catch-all forum is the general forum, not the programming forum, see Forums.
Please check that the problem occurs in the latest software versions - the problem may already have been reported and fixed.
When sending the report please include the following information:
- list of steps to be taken to reproduce the error. Try to isolate the problem to a few lines of J entered in a fresh session.
- the exact version of J being used, from JVERSION:
JVERSION Engine: j803/2014-10-19-11:11:11 Library: 8.03.10 Qt IDE: 1.3.1/4.8.6 Platform: Linux 64 Installer: j801a_linux64.sh InstallPath: /home/elmo/uni/j8
- any relevant information about the OS being used and machine configuration.