Jump to navigation Jump to search
Meeting 2: (12/2/2021)
Minutes by Will Gajate
Attendance: Bob T., Art A., Henry R., Michal Wallace(J early show), Will G.
- Reconstruct landing page to provide newcomers with a guided path (runway) for finding the right place to start learning the language.
- Define group/subject general interest areas (backbone to hang pages on) : Necomer's area| Essays | ... , this structure will give us a target for organizing/categorizing pages.
* General student of array languages * Data Scientist * Quantitative developer * Web developer * Database developer * Installing J (detailed instructions per platform)
- Newcomer pages could have a different color background
- For outdated pages, a banner could alert page viewers that the content is outdated (community suggestion)
- Implementing J labs with Jupyter Notebooks (needs J to work with Jupyter Notebook kernel)
- Executable J code in the browser, to make interactive tutorials on the wiki.
- Syntatic highlighting for J code snippets on wiki (need to install plug-in for media wiki)
- Special J font type -> @ sign would look smaller (more like the mathematical symbol)
- Web Assembly (wasm) compilation of J engine - for running J in the browser (client-side) safely and cheaply. Server does not pay compute costs since J code executed on client side.
- J plugin for Visual Studio Code
- J 6.02 Reference Card to be updated to J 9.++ by Rick